Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Ashford University Paper--The Critical Education of the Masses to begin NOW!

This is a paper I am about to turn into my class at Ashford University. The Critical Education of the Masses to begin NOW!  
                                                                                                             By Joshua Adam Haltom
ENG 121
Instructor Fawn vonFrohling
4/25/2011

www.ashford.edu

"We must become the change we want to see in the world." -Gandhi

Ideas are like eggs. They need time to incubate, to develop and take form, before they hatch.

 (Essentials of College Writing; ENG121; Kathy Sole; Ashford University). I took my time in perfecting my understanding of what I have that need be shared.

So, since I was old enough to understand structure, I could see that the market-monetary  system is flawed and even anti-economic.  The fractional-reserved, debt based method of distributing wealth is based on a scarcity of resources, which is a lie.  This caused me to procrastinate in my desire to pay for learning.  It still doesn’t make good sense to me, but sometimes, abundance has to wait, or rather, it must be earned.  This is why I am pursuing a degree in Political Science and Government.

When I decided to return to school, it was almost a lark, but it is now obvious that paperwork recording one’s accomplishments is necessary when searching for the right job or career.  I have been learning Kabbalah from a teacher for about six years, but the schools I attend are not accredited, so I need documentation.  So, here I am at Ashford University, in debt and officially active, and I have the great desire to expose and repair structural violence.

 Structural violence is not only more damaging than all behavioral violence put together, it is the primary cause of behavioral violence.  Poverty is the worst weapon of war, and the way is declared is a planned reaction to the conditioned reactions of the have-nots.  I desire my children to live in a world free from such stains.

Economists predict the cost of attending state colleges will soar to $120,000 by 2015. Currently over $40 billion in student loan debt has forced many former students into financial bondage or even bankruptcy.  (Sky Rocketing College Costs; Gordon H. Hadsworth; 2011).
The wayward threat of over-consumption and the reality of greed presupposes a false idea that our natural resources are scarce.  Not to mention, the fact that there are thousands of tons of food sitting in warehouses, waiting to be distributed at a rising costs, while people go hungry, happens, even in the most prosperous nation of America.  These two schisms are caused by the lies we, as a people, have been conditioned to accept as true.  Access to abundance should not be so grandiose or seem difficult and unreal.

The concept of ‘love your neighbor as yourself’ is familiar to everyone.  Why, then, is mutual guarantee a grandiose concept?  The truth is, we know how to more efficiently build up our society, but we are being hindered by our own karma.  I choose to be the first in my family, that I know of, to make it my business to rebuild civilization, and I have started with my own corrections, as is proper.

I grew up a witness of domestic chaos caused by a generational curse.  I want to break the cycle. Humanitarianism requires a concern for human welfare, especially as manifested through philanthropy; it is the belief that the sole moral obligation of humankind is the improvement of human welfare (American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language).  

My pursuit of a professional degree is simply so I can more easily serve society in a proactive manner.  The anti-economic system of fractional-reserved banking has a stranglehold on civilization.  The monetary system creates an illusion of scarcity which effects virtually all parts of ecology.  We are not inherently competitive.  We can surely live in love and harmony with nature.  It will happen.

1 comment:

  1. Really helpfull..And i highly recommended POS 355 Entire Course for more Ashford Courses

    ReplyDelete